b. 24 June 1714, d. after 1790
John Hanks|b. 24 Jun 1714\nd. a 1790|p1735.htm|William Hanks II|b. 14 Feb 1679\nd. 1 May 1732|p1733.htm|Hester Mills|b. b 1695|p1734.htm|William Hanks I|b. c 1655\nd. b 7 Feb 1704/5|p1759.htm|Sarah (—?—) (Hanks-White)||p1760.htm|John Mills|d. 1711|p1748.htm|Hester White||p1749.htm|
3rd great-granduncle of Louise Underwood.
5th great-granduncle of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
John Hanks was born on 24 June 1714 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.1 He was the son of William Hanks II and Hester Mills.1 He married Mary Mott.2 He died after 1790.3,2
John Hanks was mentioned in his father William Hanks' will dated 24 April 1732 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia, He inherited "land and plant. whereon William Eriskean now lives containing 90 ac, if he has no heirs, to go to Edward and James Hanks.4
- [S283] George Harrison Sanford King, Registers of North Farnham Parish 1663-1814 and Lenenburg Parish 1783-1800 (Easley, South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, Inc., 1966).
- [S267] Adin Baber, Nancy Hanks, of Undistinguished Families; a genealogical, biographical, and historical study of the ancestry of the mother of Abraham Lincoln (Kansas, Illinois: Adin Baber, 1960), 279.
- [S291] Jack English Hightower, The Family of William Clayton Hightower and Mai Cole (Austin, Texas: n.pub., 1988), 155.
- [S321] Robert K. Headley Jr., Wills of Richmond County, Virginia 1699-1800 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1983), 68 citing Will Book 5, p. 181.