b. 5 October 1715
Mary Dodson|b. 5 Oct 1715|p1848.htm|Thomas Dodson|b. 15 May 1681|p1842.htm|Mary Durham|b. 5 Jun 1686|p1840.htm|||||||Thomas Durham|b. 6 Mar 1661\nd. 30 May 1715|p1838.htm|Dorothy (—?—) (Durham-Greenham)|b. c 1663\nd. a 1715|p1839.htm|
1st cousin 5 times removed of Louise Underwood.
1st cousin 7 times removed of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
Mary Dodson was born on 5 October 1715 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.2,3,4 She was the daughter of Thomas Dodson and Mary Durham.1 She married Richard Oldham before 17 February 1739/40.5
Mary Oldham (Dodson) was mentioned in her father Thomas Dodson's will dated 17 February 1739 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.1,6
- [S301] Newton Jasper Darden and Leroy W. Tilton, Darden family history : with notes on ancestry of allied families: Washington, Lanier, Burch, Strozier, Dodson, Pyles, McNair, Barnett : a memorial of Dearden-Durden-Dardens of the United States of America, particularly in Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas (Washington, D.C.: Privately Published, 1957), 117.
- [S298] Durham Family, online <http://www.princeton.edu/~mgupton/genealogy/index.htm>.
- [S301] Newton Jasper Darden and Leroy W. Tilton, Darden family history, 118.
- [S283] George Harrison Sanford King, Registers of North Farnham Parish 1663-1814 and Lenenburg Parish 1783-1800 (Easley, South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, Inc., 1966), 47.
- [S320] Robert K. Headley Jr., Married Well and Often; Marriages of the Northern Neck of Virginia 1649-1800 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2003), 267.
- [S321] Robert K. Headley Jr., Wills of Richmond County, Virginia 1699-1800 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1983), 82, citing Will Book 5, p. 378.