John Dabney Murchison1
b. 21 September 1921, d. 14 June 1979
John Dabney Murchison|b. 21 Sep 1921\nd. 14 Jun 1979|p1977.htm|Clinton Williams Murchison|b. 11 Apr 1895\nd. 20 Jun 1969|p1976.htm|Anne Morris|b. 24 Sep 1898\nd. 26 May 1926|p1975.htm|||||||Edward S. Morris|b. 16 Aug 1854\nd. 14 Oct 1900|p1969.htm|Burk Yarbrough|b. Sep 1873\nd. 20 Nov 1961|p1970.htm|
2nd cousin 1 time removed of Louise Underwood.
3rd cousin 1 time removed of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
John Dabney Murchison was born on 21 September 1921 in Tyler, Smith County, Texas.1 He was the son of Clinton Williams Murchison and Anne Morris.1 He married Lucille Hughes 'Lupe' Gannon on 9 March 1947 in Dallas.2 He died on 14 June 1979 in Dallas at age 57.3
John Dabney Murchison
John Dabney attended Yale. He enlisted in the Army Air Corps the day after Pearl Harbor, and he won the Distinguished Flying Cross. He was a jet-setter whose passions were flying and skiing. He is probably best known for developing the ski resort of Vail.
John Murchison appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, in the household of his father Clint Murchison.4
- [S340] Jane Wolfe, The Rise and Fall of a Texas Dynasty; The Murchisons (New York: St. Martin's Press, 1989), 49.
- [S340] Jane Wolfe, The Murchisons, 128.
- [S340] Jane Wolfe, The Murchisons, 385-386.
- [S347] Clint Murchison household, 1930 U.S. Census, Dallas County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 2, enumeration district (ED) 57-109, sheet 17A/99, dwelling 368, family 374; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2322.