d. before 24 April 1655
Anne Jordan|d. b 24 Apr 1655|p441.htm|James Jordan||p442.htm||||||||||||||||
6th great-grandmother of Louise Underwood.
8th great-grandmother of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Louise Underwood
Anne Jordan was the daughter of James Jordan.1 She married Abraham Jaquith in 1643.1,3,4 Anne Jordan "late of Charles Towne" died before 24 April 1655, the date of her father's will.2
Anne Jaquith, "Late of Charles Towne," was mentioned in her father James Jordan's will dated 24 April 1655 in Dedham, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. He made bequests to "ye fiue children of my daughter Anne the wife of Abraham." Apparently the children were minors because the bequests were paid to their father "to their use."2
Children of Anne Jordan and Abraham Jaquith
- Abraham Jaquith+ 5 b. 19 Dec 1644, d. 14 Feb 1679
- Mary Jaquith6 b. 1646
- [S157] Jessie Palmer Williams, "The Jaquith Family", National Genealogical Society Quarterly 50 (March 1962): 37, 38.
- [S761] The New England Historical and Genealogical Register; (Online database: NewEnglandAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001), (Orig. Pub. New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 148 vols., 1847-1994) 5: 441.
- [S933] Mary E. Mayo, ed., Sixteen Hundred Lines to Pilgrims, 3 vols. (Providence, Rhode Island: National Society Sons and Daughters of Pilgrims, 1982; reprint Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1996), 3: 344.
- [S934] Henry Whittemore, Genealogical Guide to the Early Settlers of America with a Brief History of those of the First Generation (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1995). Excerpted and Reprinted from The Spirit of '76 Volumes V-XII, September, 1898 - May, 1906, 285, no date.
- [S157] Jessie Palmer Williams, "Jaquith Family", 38.
- [S934] Henry Whittemore, Early Settlers, 285.