Jean (Jane) Pickens1
b. 1738, d. after May 1803
Jean (Jane) Pickens|b. 1738\nd. a May 1803|p6262.htm|Captain Andrew Pickens|b. c 1699\nd. 1756|p6278.htm|Anne Davis|b. c 1700\nd. bt 1760 - 1763|p6279.htm|William Pickens|b. c 1670\nd. c 1735|p6289.htm|Margaret (—?—) (Pickens)||p6290.htm|||||||
3rd great-grandmother of William Lemuel Horn Jr.
5th great-grandmother of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Horn and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for William Lemuel Horn II
Jean (Jane) Pickens was born in 1738 in Paxton township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.1 She was the daughter of Captain Andrew Pickens and Anne Davis.2 She married Robert Miller in 1758 in Waxhaw, Unknown County, North or South Carolina.1 She died after May 1803 and before December 1805.1
Jean Pickens was mentioned in her father Andrew Pickens's will dated 5 November 1756 in Anson County, North Carolina.3,4
Children of Jean (Jane) Pickens and Robert Miller
- Robert Miller Jr.5 b. 29 Apr 1760, d. 20 Sep 1852
- Ann Miller+ 1 b. 28 Sep 1762, d. 1843
- Andrew Miller1 b. 12 Aug 1764, d. 1799
- Ebenezer Miller1 b. 1 Jan 1767, d. 5 Oct 1848
- Jane Miller1 b. 2 Feb 1769, d. 28 Apr 1848
- Margaret Miller1 b. 12 Mar 1771, d. 15 Aug 1853
- Joseph Miller1 b. 16 Apr 1775, d. bt Apr 1826 - May 1829
- Dr. John Henry Miller1 b. 6 Nov 1777, d. 7 Oct 1851
- [S672] Bob Thompson, Gedcom, "Robert Miller Family File," to Laura M. Cooper (Arlington, Texas), 11 October 1998.
- [S674] Terry Pickens McLean, online <http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~tmclean/…>, Terry Pickens McLean (e-mail address), downloaded 2004.
- [S675] E.M. Sharp, Pickens Families of the South (Memphis, Tennessee: E.M. Sharp, 1963), 11-12, citing a photostatic copy of the original will made by the State Department of Archives and History, Raleigh, N.C. on Oct. 2, 1957. North Carolina Wills, Volume XXIV, page 42.
- [S674] Terry Pickens McLean, 2004, citing Lois K. Nix and Mary Kay Snell, Thomas Boone Pickens - His Ancestors; Wolfe City Texas, Hemington Publishing Company, 1989; pp 45-50, who cited Anson County, North Carolina, Will Book I, 1757, p. 115.
- [S672] Bob Thompson Gedcom, 11 October 1998, citing "Petition for Appointment of Curators," 12 Oct 1822, Parish Judge Office Concordia Parish, Probate Book A, Page 439.