b. 1689, d. May 1752
Samuel Scammon|b. 1689\nd. May 1752|p10063.htm|Humphrey Scammon|b. s 1640\nd. 1 Jan 1727/28|p10055.htm|Elizabeth (—?—) (Scammon)||p10056.htm|||||||||||||
6th great-granduncle of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
8th great-granduncle of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
Samuel Scammon was born in 1689.1 He was the son of Humphrey Scammon and Elizabeth (—?—) (Scammon).1 He married first Margery Dearing, daughter of Roger Dearing, in 1712 at Kittery, York County, Maine.2 Marriage intentions for Samuel Scammon and Elizabeth Stimson were published on 5 September 1741.3 He died in May 1752 in Kittery.4
Samuel Scammon was mentioned in his father Humphrey Scammon's will dated 12 March 1713/14 in Kittery, York County, Maine.5
- [S905] Benjamin N. Goodale, Material for a Genealogy of the Scammon Family (Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press, 1892), 3.
- [S905] Benjamin N. Goodale, Scammon Family, 4.
- [S905] Benjamin N. Goodale, Scammon Family, 5.
- [S905] Benjamin N. Goodale, Scammon Family, 3, 4.
- [S875] William M. Sargent, comp. and ed., Maine Wills. 1640-1760 (Portland, Maine: Maine Historical Society, 1887; reprint Baltimore: Inc. Genealogical Publishing Company, 1996), 288-289.