5th great-grandfather of Louise Underwood.
7th great-grandfather of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Louise Underwood
John Mills married Hester White, daughter of Richard White.1 He died in 1711 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.2 His will was proved on 7 February 1710/11 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.3
In his will of 30 December 1709, proved 7 February 1710/11, in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia, John Mills bequeathed to son John land where I now live; daughters Hannah, Hester, Elizabeth Green; other sons Richard 50 acres, Thomas 50 acres, minor sons George and James; executrix, wife Hester; witnesses, Winfred Southern, John Rankin, Thomas White.3
Children of John Mills and Hester White
- [S267] Adin Baber, Nancy Hanks, of Undistinguished Families; a genealogical, biographical, and historical study of the ancestry of the mother of Abraham Lincoln (Kansas, Illinois: Adin Baber, 1960).
- [S320] Robert K. Headley Jr., Married Well and Often; Marriages of the Northern Neck of Virginia 1649-1800 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2003), 246.
- [S321] Robert K. Headley Jr., Wills of Richmond County, Virginia 1699-1800 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1983), 20, citing Wills and Inventories, 1709-1717, p. 37.
- [S293] Southern Roots, online <http://www.gencircles.com/users/hrhdah/1>, David Allan Hardin (<e-mail address>), downloaded 29 March 2002.