Elizabeth Armstrong||p1878.htm|John Armstrong|b. b 1731\nd. 1810|p1867.htm|Anne (—?—) (Armstrong)|b. c 1739\nd. 6 Feb 1823|p1868.htm|Joseph Armstrong|b. 20 Jul 1711\nd. Jan 1761|p1882.htm|Jennet (—?—) (Armstrong)||p1883.htm|||||||
Great-grandaunt of Louise Underwood.
3rd great-grandaunt of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
Elizabeth Armstrong was the daughter of John Armstrong and Anne (—?—) (Armstrong).1 On 25 August 1801, Isaac Jackson took out a marriage bond from the clerk of the court in Orange County, North Carolina, as surety that there was no legal obstacle to the proposed marriage between he and Elizabeth Armstrong.3
Elizabeth Jackson was mentioned in her father John Armstrong's will dated 8 September 1806 in Orange County, North Carolina.4
- [S302] Ken Cates, "Olde Orange County Families of North Carolina," online <http://www.bitwisegifts.com/orangenc/surnames.htm>, downloaded 2003, citing Shields, Ruth H., "Abstracts of Wills Recorded in Orange County, NC 1752 - 1850", 1997, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co, D-267, father.
- [S303] Ethel S. Updike, Armstrong, Branyon, Bryson and Allied Families of the South (Salt Lake City: The Hobby Press, 1967).
- [S302] Ken Cates, 2003, citing Ingmire, Frances T, "Orange County NC Marriage Records 1782 - 1868", Iberian Publishing Co, 1993, vol 2, pg 24.
- [S308] Ruth Herndon Shields, comp., Abstracts of Wills Recorded in Orange County, North Carolina, 1752-1800 : and (202 Marriages Not Shown in the Orange County Marriage Bonds) and Abstracts of Wills Recorded in Orange County, North Carolina, 1800-1850, Two volumes in one (Baltimore: Clearfield Company, 1957, 1966; reprint Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2002), D-267.