Edward Spring Morris1,2
1st cousin 1 time removed of Louise Underwood.
1st cousin 3 times removed of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
Edward Morris appeared on the 1 June 1860 Federal Census of Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas, in the household of his parents, A.T. and Margaretta Morris.5
Edward Spring Morris of Columbia, Texas, was an alumni of Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Rockbridge County, Virginia, Class of 1872-73.6
E.S. Morris appeared on the 1 June 1900 Federal Census of Tyler, Smith County, Texas, in the household of L.C. Blair, his mother-in-law, with his wife Willie and Burk.7
Children of Edward Spring Morris and Burk Yarbrough
- [S340] Jane Wolfe, The Rise and Fall of a Texas Dynasty; The Murchisons (New York: St. Martin's Press, 1989), 45.
- [S342] Rosehill Cemetery, Tyler, Smith County, TX, online <ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/tx/smith/cemetery/roshilc.txt>, Section C.
- [S339] Ed. S. Morris Obituary, Clipping from an unidentified Tyler newspaper, Tyler, Texas, 15 October 1900.
- [S341] Oakwood Cemetery, Tyler, Smith County, TX (Beginning with Plot 5), online <ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/tx/smith/cemetery/oakwood2.txt>, Plot #7.
- [S54] A.T. Morris household, 1860 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Columbia, page 11/59, dwelling 98, family 86; National Archives micropublication M653, roll 1289.
- [S1196] Washington and Lee University, Catalogue of the Officers and Alumni of Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, 1749-1888 (Baltimore: J. Murphy & Co., 1888), 168.
- [S343] L.C. Blair household, 1900 U.S. Census, Smith County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, Tyler city, enumeration district (ED) 97, sheet 8A/76, dwelling 135, family 150; National Archives micropublication T623, roll 1669.
- [S344] Dabney White household, 1910 U.S. Census, Smith County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, Tyler city, enumeration district (ED) 67, sheet 19B, dwelling 423, family 424; National Archives micropublication T624, roll 1589.