b. circa 1742, d. 18 September 1820
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
Rachel Pugh was born circa 1742.2 She married Abraham Morris, son of Morris Morris and Gwently Thomas, on 23 January 1762 (license date).1,3 She died on 18 September 1820.2 She was buried in Lower Hilltown Baptist Church Cemetery.2
When Hilltown Baptist was constituted as a separate church from Montgomery Baptist on 10 November 1781, Rachel Morris was one of fifty-four members dismissed to Hilltown.
- [S349] John B. Linn and William H. Egle, comp., Names of Persons for whom Marriage Licenses Were Issued in the Province of Pennsylvania Previous to 1790 (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Volume II, Second Series, Pennsylvania Archives, 1890), 179.
- [S329] "A Memorandum Containing some account of the birth, life and Ministry of Joseph Mathias. With a diary of his Exercises and various events which came under his notice. Together with an account of his Progenitors and Connexions. Likewise a short notice of the First settlement of the part of the Country, which gave him birth, and where he still resides," (MS, 1831-1851; Bucks County, Pennsylvania), 45, The Bucks County Historical Society; Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
- [S385] John B. Linn and Wm. H. Egle, ed., Pennsylvania Archives Second Series, vol. II (Harrisburg: B F Meyers, State Printer, 1876), 211.
- [S329] "Mathias Journal", 44.