John House Caldwell1
b. 6 February 1921, d. 5 August 2005
John House Caldwell|b. 6 Feb 1921\nd. 5 Aug 2005|p2808.htm|Robert Milam Caldwell II|b. 20 May 1875\nd. 8 Feb 1937|p120.htm|Sarah Kimbrough Munson|b. 3 Feb 1877\nd. 28 Jul 1953|p24.htm|Robert M. Caldwell|b. 25 Jun 1836\nd. 18 Oct 1884|p2672.htm|Mary E. House|b. c 1842\nd. 7 Jan 1885|p2676.htm|George P. Munson|b. 4 Jun 1832\nd. 19 Apr 1878|p20.htm|Matilda A. Davis|b. 22 Feb 1850\nd. 25 Feb 1882|p21.htm|
Nephew of George Poindexter Munson Sr.
1st cousin 1 time removed of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
John House Caldwell was born on 6 February 1921.1,2 He was the son of Robert Milam Caldwell II and Sarah Kimbrough Munson.1 He married Hortense Self on 20 June 1952.3,4 He died on 5 August 2005 at his home on the Caldwell Ranch, Sandy Point, Brazoria County, Texas, at age 84.5,2 He was buried on 8 August 2005 in Munson Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.5,2
John H. Caldwell
John House Caldwell was an attorney in the law firm of Caldwell and Hurst in Houston.
John H. Caldwell appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Houston, Harris County, Texas, in the household of his parents, Robert M. and Sarah M. Caldwell.6
Children of John House Caldwell and Hortense Self
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 131, 313.
- [S1125] Hortense S. and John H. Caldwell tombstone, Munson Family Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Texas; photographed by the writer on 9 June 2007.
- [S1125] John H. Caldwell tombstone, Munson Family Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, Munsons of Texas, 131.
- [S32] Interview with Ruth Anna (Horn) Munson (Mrs. Joe U. Munson; Angleton, Texas), by Laura Munson Cooper. Transcript held in 2003 by Cooper (1804 Holm Oak St.; Arlington, TX 76012-5608).
- [S105] Robert M. Caldwell|Houston City household, 1930 U.S. Census, Harris County, Texas, population schedule, 95, enumeration district (ED) 5A/111A, sheet 24, dwelling 35; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2348.
- [S12] Ancestry.com, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997, [database online] (Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005).