George Munson Stevens1
b. 25 September 1920, d. 8 October 1978
George Munson Stevens|b. 25 Sep 1920\nd. 8 Oct 1978|p2838.htm|Frank Kirkland Stevens|b. 24 Sep 1885\nd. 1 Jan 1975|p2831.htm|Sarah Kimbrough Munson|b. 29 Aug 1882\nd. 1 Jan 1965|p2822.htm|||||||George C. Munson|b. 12 Jan 1853\nd. 26 Dec 1931|p2546.htm|Hannah D. Adriance|b. 19 Jul 1857\nd. 15 Dec 1937|p2819.htm|
1st cousin 2 times removed of George Poindexter Munson Sr.
3rd cousin of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
George Munson Stevens was born on 25 September 1920 in Texas.2,3 He was the son of Frank Kirkland Stevens and Sarah Kimbrough Munson.1 He married Elizabeth Sibba Matchett.4 He died on 8 October 1978 in Jasper County, Texas, at age 58.1,3 He was buried in Munson Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.5
Dr. George M. Stevens
George Munson Stevens was a psychiatrist in private practice in Houston.
George Stevens appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Angleton, Brazoria County, Texas, in the household of his parents, Frank and Sarah Stevens.6
Children of George Munson Stevens and Elizabeth Sibba Matchett
- [S31] Texas Department of Health Death Records, 1964-1998, online <http://vitals.rootsweb.com/tx/death/search.cgi>.
- [S38] Frank K. Stevens household, 1920 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Angleton, Justice Precinct 1, enumeration district (ED) 1, sheet 31B, dwelling 22, family 22; National Archives micropublication T625, roll 1774.
- [S29] George Stevens, no. 454-14-0607 , Social Security Death Index, RootsWeb (Provo: MyFamily.com Inc., 2005). The SSDI component of RootsWeb is drawn from the Social Security Death Benefits Index of the U.S. Social Security Administration.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 245, 251.
- [S427] George Munson Stevens, M.D. tombstone, Angleton Cemetery, Angleton, Texas; photographed by the writer on 5 July 2003.
- [S37] Frank Stevens household, 1930 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, Angleton City, enumeration district (ED) 20-1, sheet 4B, dwelling 87, family 97; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2301.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, Munsons of Texas, 251.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 (Austin: Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics), 1950 Births: 3247.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1952 Births: 3615.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1954 Births: 3808.