Frank Thomas Smith
b. 5 December 1892, d. 7 May 1978
Frank Thomas Smith|b. 5 Dec 1892\nd. 7 May 1978|p2847.htm|Dr. Josiah G. Smith|||Fannie Glasscock|||||||||||||||
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
Frank Thomas Smith was born on 5 December 1892 in Petty, Texas.2 He was the son of Dr. Josiah G. Smith and Fannie Glasscock.1 He married Ruth Munson, daughter of George Caldwell Munson and Hannah Dyer Adriance, on 29 December 1915 at Holy Comforter Episcopal Church, Angleton, Brazoria County, Texas.3,4 He died on 7 May 1978 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at age 85.2,5 He was buried in Angleton Cemetery, Angleton, Brazoria County, Texas.6
Frank and Ruth grew up in Brazoria County and graduated from Angleton High School. After they married they moved to Port Arthur, Texas. Frank was employed for sixteen years by the Texas Company (now Texaco, Inc.) in Port Arthur, and all of their children were born and raised there. They moved back to Brazoria County when in 1942, Frank took a job as the first administrator of the new Dow Hospital in Freeport. In 1950 Frank and Ruth built a home on "Munson Row" in Angleton where they lived the remainder of their lives.7
Frank T. and Ruth Smith appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Port Arthur, Jefferson County, Texas, enumerated 9 April 1930. Their children Hannah F., Frank T. and Munson were listed as living with them.8
Children of Frank Thomas Smith and Ruth Munson
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 248.
- [S29] Frank Smith, no. 458-30-6562, Social Security Death Index, RootsWeb (Provo: MyFamily.com Inc., 2005). The SSDI component of RootsWeb is drawn from the Social Security Death Benefits Index of the U.S. Social Security Administration.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, Munsons of Texas, 247.
- [S2] Brazoria County Marriage Book 8: 214, no. 428, County Clerk's Office, Angleton, Texas.
- [S31] Texas Department of Health Death Records, 1964-1998, online <http://vitals.rootsweb.com/tx/death/search.cgi>.
- [S427] Frank Thomas Smith tombstone, Angleton Cemetery, Angleton, Texas; photographed by the writer on 5 July 2003.
- [S704] "The Life and Family of George Caldwell Munson," The Munsons of Texas - an American Saga, online. <http://munsons-of-texas.net/c22.html
- [S433] Frank T. Smith household, 1930 U.S. Census, Jefferson County, Texas, population schedule, Port Arthur City, enumeration district (ED) 123-47, sheet 18A/43-18B, dwelling 255, family 261; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2362.
- [S29] Frank T. Smith, no. 454-10-5635, Social Security Death Index, RootsWeb.
- [S1230] Melvin Munson Smith, birth certificate 44218 (14 August 1926), Department of Public Health, Austin, Texas.