Mordello Stephen Murray
b. 22 August 1883, d. 22 November 1923
Mordello Stephen Murray|b. 22 Aug 1883\nd. 22 Nov 1923|p2864.htm|Reverend Joseph Lapsley Murray|b. 11 Aug 1849\nd. 25 Dec 1919|p2861.htm|Emma Munson|b. 26 Feb 1855\nd. 15 Feb 1936|p115.htm|David J. Murray|||Eveline M. Bradley|||Mordello S. Munson|b. 25 Apr 1825\nd. 13 Oct 1903|p113.htm|Sarah K. Armour|b. 3 Sep 1831\nd. 31 Jan 1887|p114.htm|
1st cousin 1 time removed of George Poindexter Munson Sr.
2nd cousin 1 time removed of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
Mordello Stephen Murray was born on 22 August 1883 at Ridgely Plantation, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.2,1 He was the son of Reverend Joseph Lapsley Murray and Emma Munson.1 He never married. He died on 22 November 1923 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at age 40.2,1 He was buried on 25 November 1923 in Munson Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie.3,1
Mordello S. Murray appeared on the 1 June 1900 Federal Census of Brazoria County, Texas, in the household of his parents, Joseph L. and Emma Murray.4
- [S1233] Mordello Stephen Murray, death certificate 22688 (23 Nov 1923), Texas Department of Public Health, Austin.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 256.
- [S17] Mordello Stephen Murray tombstone, Munson Family Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Texas; photographed by the writer on 31 July 1997.
- [S51] Joseph L. Murray household, 1900 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, enumeration district (ED) 1, sheet 14B, dwelling 296, family 296; National Archives micropublication T623, roll 1614.