b. 13 December 1887, d. 25 October 1974
Sarah Murray|b. 13 Dec 1887\nd. 25 Oct 1974|p2875.htm|Reverend Joseph Lapsley Murray|b. 11 Aug 1849\nd. 25 Dec 1919|p2861.htm|Emma Munson|b. 26 Feb 1855\nd. 15 Feb 1936|p115.htm|David J. Murray|||Eveline M. Bradley|||Mordello S. Munson|b. 25 Apr 1825\nd. 13 Oct 1903|p113.htm|Sarah K. Armour|b. 3 Sep 1831\nd. 31 Jan 1887|p114.htm|
1st cousin 1 time removed of George Poindexter Munson Sr.
2nd cousin 1 time removed of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
Sarah Murray was born on 13 December 1887 at Ridgely Plantation, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.1 She was the daughter of Reverend Joseph Lapsley Murray and Emma Munson.1 She married Edwin Hobby Chesnutt on 3 June 1915 at the Murray family home, Houston, Harris County, Texas.1 She died on 25 October 1974 in Harris County, Texas, at age 86.1,2 She was buried in Munson Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.3
Sarah Murray appeared on the 1 June 1900 Federal Census of Brazoria County, Texas, in the household of her parents, Joseph L. and Emma Murray.4
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 257.
- [S31] Texas Department of Health Death Records, 1964-1998, online <http://vitals.rootsweb.com/tx/death/search.cgi>.
- [S17] Sarah Murray Chesnutt tombstone, Munson Family Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Texas; photographed by the writer on 31 July 1997.
- [S51] Joseph L. Murray household, 1900 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, enumeration district (ED) 1, sheet 14B, dwelling 296, family 296; National Archives micropublication T623, roll 1614.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, Munsons of Texas, 258.