Mary Emma 'Minnie' Hardwick1
b. 12 July 1897, d. 5 February 1987
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
Mary Emma 'Minnie' Hardwick was born on 12 July 1897 in Tuskegee, Macon County, Alabama.1 She married Thurmond Armour Munson, son of Joseph Waddy Munson and Mary Corinne 'Woodie' West, on 21 December 1929.1 She died on 5 February 1987 in College Station, Brazos County, Texas, at age 89.2 She was buried in Angleton Cemetery, Angleton, Brazoria County, Texas.3
Minnie was working at Texas A&M College when she met Thurmond.4 When Thurmond accepted a position in 1946 as Chief of the Civil Engineering Department at the Dow Chemical Company plant at Freeport, Texas, they built a country home on the family land at Bailey's Prairie and Thurmond lived there the rest of his life. Minnie survived him by many years, living most of the time in Angleton and College Station.4
Mary and Thurmond Munson appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of College Station, Brazos County, Texas, enumerated 8 April 1930.5
Children of Mary Emma 'Minnie' Hardwick and Thurmond Armour Munson
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 274.
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, Munsons of Texas, 275.
- [S427] Munson, Mary Hardwick, Minnie tombstone, Angleton Cemetery, Angleton, Texas; photographed by the writer on 5 July 2003.
- [S704] "The Life and Family of Joseph Waddy Munson," The Munsons of Texas - an American Saga, online. <http://munsons-of-texas.net/c25.html
- [S435] Thurmond Munson household, 1930 U.S. Census, Brazos County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 7, College Station, enumeration district (ED) 21-14, sheet 6A/191, dwelling 129, family 139; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2301.
- [S12] Ancestry.com, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997, [database online] (Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005).