William Barton Jack Ball1
b. 21 June 1896, d. 27 November 1985
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
William Barton Jack Ball was born on 21 June 1896.2 He married Mary Alice Munson, daughter of Hillen Armour Munson and Lilla Mary Cox, on 27 December 1921 at First Methodist Church, Angleton, Brazoria County, Texas.3,1 He died on 27 November 1985 in Bexar County, Texas, at age 89.1,2,4
Jack and Alice Ball always lived in San Antonio where Jack was a lawyer.5 He was also active in the Masonic Lodge and became the Most Worshipful Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge of Texas.5
Jack and Alice Ball appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, enumerated 19 April 1930. Their son Thomas A. was listed as living with them.6
Child of William Barton Jack Ball and Mary Alice Munson
- Thomas Armour Ball+ b. 3 Oct 1927, d. 14 Dec 1990
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 283.
- [S29] Jack Ball, no. 451-64-5937, Social Security Death Index, RootsWeb (Provo: MyFamily.com Inc., 2005). The SSDI component of RootsWeb is drawn from the Social Security Death Benefits Index of the U.S. Social Security Administration.
- [S2] Brazoria County Marriage Book 9: 159, no. 308, County Clerk's Office, Angleton, Texas.
- [S31] Texas Department of Health Death Records, 1964-1998, online <http://vitals.rootsweb.com/tx/death/search.cgi>.
- [S704] "The Life and Family of Hillen Armour Munson (I)," The Munsons of Texas - an American Saga, online. <http://munsons-of-texas.net/c26.html
- [S100] Jack Ball household, 1930 U.S. Census, Bexar County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, Ward 4, block 2244, 415 E. Courtland, San Antonio city, enumeration district (ED) 15-83, sheet 31A/57, dwelling 640, family 678; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2295.