b. April 1644
Mary Wardwell|b. Apr 1644|p9659.htm|William Wardwell|b. 4 Jan 1606/7\nd. 25 Apr 1670|p9661.htm|Alice (—?—) (Wardwell)|d. 1657|p9662.htm|John Wardale||p9842.htm||||||||||
6th great-grandaunt of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
8th great-grandaunt of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
Mary Wardwell was born in April 1644 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts; 2nd mo. 1644.1 She was the daughter of William Wardwell and Alice (—?—) (Wardwell).1 She was baptized 14 day 2 mo. 1644 (14 May 1644) in First Church, Boston, aged about 9 days.1 She married Nathaniel Rust.2
Mary Wardwell was mentioned in her father William Wardell's will dated 18 April 1670 in Boston.3,4,5
- [S185] William S. Appleton, ed., Boston Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, 1630-1699, Boston Births, 1700-1800, 2 volumes in 1 (Boston: The Registry Department of the City of Boston, 1883 and 1894; reprint Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978), 18.
- [S893] Walter Goodwin Davis, "Wardwell, of Wells," Massachusetts and Maine Families in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis (1885-1966): A Reprinting in Alphabetical Order by Surname, of the Sixteen Multi-Ancestor Compendia, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1996), Vol. III, 552, originally published in The Ancestry of Annis Spear (1945).
- [S893] Walter Goodwin Davis, "Wardwell, of Wells," Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. III, 549-550, originally published in The Ancestry of Annis Spear (1945).
- [S761] The New England Historical and Genealogical Register; (Online database: NewEnglandAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001), (Orig. Pub. New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 148 vols., 1847-1994) 48: 458.
- [S899] "William Wardwell", citing Suffolk Probate 7: 35-36, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, online http://www.newenglandancestors.org/, printout dated 2005. Previously published in hard copy (Boston: NEHGS, 1995).