"The village of St. Helen's Auckland is situated three miles south-south-west of Bishop Auckland, on the road from that place to Barnard Castle. It possesses a large open area, round which are built the houses, and through which the main thoroughfare passes. There are several interesting old houses and an ancient hall." [GENUKI, citing History, Topography and Directory of Durham, Whellan , London, 1894].
Apparently the village is now called Aukland St. Helen. It is three miles west of Ramshaw, and five miles west-southwest of Cockfield. All of our known Durham relations lived in one or more of these three villages.