b. 1778, d. 26 March 1853
Adam Baughman|b. 1778\nd. 26 Mar 1853|p11380.htm|Abraham Baughman|b. 1749/50\nd. Jan 1827|p11376.htm|Mary Katharine Deeds||p11377.htm|Henry Bachman|b. 1717\nd. a 1792|p11391.htm|Elizabeth (—?—) (Bachman)|d. b 1788|p11392.htm|||||||
2nd great-granduncle of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
4th great-granduncle of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
Adam Baughman was born in 1778.1 He was the son of Abraham Baughman and Mary Katharine Deeds.1 He married Priscilla Huffman.2 He died on 26 March 1853 in Plain township, Franklin County, Ohio.1 He was buried on the family farm, New Albany, Franklin County, Ohio.1
Adam Baughman and his wife, Priscilla (Hoffman), of Washington County, Pennsylvania, emigrated to the township in 1805, and located upon Scott's Plains, or prairie, in the southwest part of the township. They had two children when they moved into the township, and a number born afterward. Their names, with those of the persons whom they married and other information, are given in the following: Eve, died in infancy; Elizabeth lives in the township; Louisa, wife of Thomas Havens, is deceased; Solomon, who married Margaret Swickard, and subsequently Martha Arnold; and Catharine (Mrs. M. Swickard), are in the township; Mary is in California; Peter and Reuben, in the township; Abram, deceased; Levi, in Blendon. Adam Baughman, the pioneer, remained a resident of the township until his death, which occurred in 1853, and his wife until her death, in 1865.3
Adam Baughman appeared on the 1800 U.S. Census on 1800 in Somerset township, Washington County, Pennsylvania. In his household were one male 16-25; one female under 10, one female 16-25.4
- [S1107] Sue Philips, online <http://www.phillipsplace.net/genealogy/index.html>, Sue Phillips (unknown location), downloaded 2006, citing Phelps, H. Warren, "The First Settlement of Plain Township, Franklin County, Ohio," The Old Northwest Genealogical Quarterly, January 1904, v. 7, p. 16-21, p. 16-18. Note: A list of their children appears on p. 18.
- [S1107] Sue Philips, 2006, citing Phelps, H. Warren, "The First Settlement of Plain Township, Franklin County, Ohio," The Old Northwest Genealogical Quarterly, January 1904, v. 7, p. 16-21, p. 16-18. Note: A list of their children appears on p. 18.
- [S1107] Sue Philips, 2006, quoting History of Franklin and Pickaway Counties, Ohio, Cleveland, William Brothers, 1880, (Film 0908855 Item 1 Family History Library), p. 411.
- [S1087] Adam Baughman household, 1800 U.S. Census, Somerset twp, Washington County, Pennsylvania, page 906; National Archives micropublication M32, roll 44.