Catharine Minerva Cordrey
b. 22 August 1870, d. 9 June 1899
Catharine Minerva Cordrey|b. 22 Aug 1870\nd. 9 Jun 1899|p1289.htm|Francis Cordrey|b. 6 Feb 1838\nd. 15 Feb 1917|p2966.htm|Christiana Catharina Gramlich|b. 20 Aug 1840\nd. 22 Sep 1876|p10384.htm|Moses A. Cordrey|b. 9 Jul 1810\nd. 17 Mar 1873|p10391.htm|Hannah Black|b. 1 Jan 1812\nd. 6 Apr 1875|p10392.htm|Johann F. Gramlich|b. 27 Dec 1812\nd. 29 Dec 1897|p10573.htm|Friederike J. Foit|b. 22 Jun 1819\nd. 1 May 1899|p10574.htm|
Mother of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
Great-grandmother of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Ruth Minerva Fairfield
Catharine Minerva Cordrey was born on 22 August 1870 in Hardin County, Ohio.1 She was the daughter of Francis Cordrey and Christiana Catharina Gramlich. She married James Edmund Fairfield, son of James Monroe Fairfield and Jane Elizabeth Thurber, on 4 March 1896 at Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana.2,3,1 She died on 9 June 1899 in Fort Wayne at age 28.4 She was buried in Lindenwood Cemetery, Fort Wayne.5
Minerva, as she was always called, was the youngest daughter. She was a baby when the family moved from Hardin County to Fort Wayne in 1871, and only six years old when her mother died. Minerva died from complications 24 days following the birth of her only child.
Catarin M. Cordrey appeared on the 1 June 1880 Federal Census of Aboite township, Allen County, Indiana, in the household of her father Francis Cordrey.6
Child of Catharine Minerva Cordrey and James Edmund Fairfield
- Ruth Minerva Fairfield+ b. 16 May 1899, d. 17 Dec 1972
- [S944] Francis Cordrey pension application file; 137007 Certificate 96353; Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files, 1800-1960; Records of the Veterans Administration, Record Group 15; National Archives, Washington.
- [S3] Allen County Marriage Book 21: 534, County Clerk's Office, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- [S802] Additional Society, The Fort Wayne News, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 5 March 1896, 4, col. 7.
- [S505] "Baby Book of Ruth Minerva Fairfield," (MS, 1899-1907; Fort Wayne, Indiana), Charles Horn; Pasadena, Texas. Events surrounding the first few years of Ruth's life were recorded in this tablet by an aunt, probably Hannah (Cordrey) Bitner, and given to Ruth's son Charles by Hannah Bitner's daughters, Coreinne and Mildred of Fort Wayne, Indiana, in the 1980s.
- [S770] Minerva Cordrey Fairfield tombstone, Cordrey Plot, Lindenwood Cemetery, Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana; photographed by the writer in September 1987.
- [S773] Francis Cordrey household, 1880 U.S. Census, Allen County, Indiana, population schedule, Aboit twp, enumeration district (ED) 109, sheet 9A/315, dwelling 70, family 70; National Archives micropublication T9, roll 264.