Charles Willis Horn
b. 3 January 1923, d. 8 August 2007
Charles Willis Horn|b. 3 Jan 1923\nd. 8 Aug 2007|p152.htm|William Lemuel Horn Jr.|b. 20 Jun 1880\nd. 25 May 1944|p148.htm|Ruth Minerva Fairfield|b. 16 May 1899\nd. 17 Dec 1972|p149.htm|William L. Horn|b. 17 Dec 1829\nd. 11 Feb 1908|p1287.htm|Naomi Simmons|b. 18 Feb 1846\nd. 18 Apr 1901|p1288.htm|James E. Fairfield|b. 20 Jul 1870\nd. 3 Sep 1952|p147.htm|Catharine M. Cordrey|b. 22 Aug 1870\nd. 9 Jun 1899|p1289.htm|
Son of William Lemuel Horn Jr.
Son of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
Uncle of Laura Jane Munson.
Charles Willis Horn was born on 3 January 1923 in Sandy Point, Brazoria County, Texas.1 He was the son of William Lemuel Horn Jr. and Ruth Minerva Fairfield. He married Julia Ellen Cagle in March 1945.2 He died on 8 August 2007 at the home of his daughter Sharon in Brazoria County, Texas, at age 84.3 He was buried on 11 August 2007 in Forest Park East Cemetery, Webster, Harris County, Texas.3
Charles grew up in Sandy Point and attended school there through seventh grade, the highest grade level offered in that tiny community. He graduated in say 1940 from Angleton High School. He was in the Army Air Corps in World War II, and suffered a severe eye injury when the airplane he was in crashed in a California grape vineyard. Charles and Judy lived most of their married life in Pasadena, Harris County, Texas,, and Judy died there in 2002. Several years later he moved to Brazoria County where he lived with his daughter Sharon and her husband Bill Davis. Soon after, he was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). Sharon and Bill cared for him until his death.2
Charles W. Horn appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Brazoria County, Texas, in the household of his parents, William L. and Ruth M. Horn.4 He's obituary appeared in the Houston Chronicle on 10 August 2007 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.5
Children of Charles Willis Horn and Julia Ellen Cagle
- [S32] Interview with Ruth Anna (Horn) Munson (Mrs. Joe U. Munson; Angleton, Texas), by Laura Munson Cooper. Transcript held in 2003 by Cooper (1804 Holm Oak St.; Arlington, TX 76012-5608). his sister.
- [S32] Interview, Ruth Anna (Horn) Munson.
- [S1160] Sharon Davis, "My Dad's Funeral," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (Brazoria County, Texas) to Laura M. Cooper, 8 August 2007.
- [S37] William L. Horn household, 1930 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 8, enumeration district (ED) 20-21, sheet 3A/247, dwelling 68, family 71; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2301.
- [S1161] Charles Willis Horn, The Houston Chronicle, Houston, Texas, 10 August 2007. Hereinafter cited as The Houston Chronicle.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 (Austin: Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics), p. 1792.