b. 2 November 1681, d. circa 1740
John Hanks|b. 2 Nov 1681\nd. c 1740|p1763.htm|William Hanks I|b. c 1655\nd. b 7 Feb 1704/5|p1759.htm|Sarah (—?—) (Hanks-White)||p1760.htm|Thomas Hanks|b. b 1630\nd. c 1675|p1761.htm|Elizabeth (—?—) (Hanks)||p1894.htm|||||||
4th great-granduncle of Louise Underwood.
6th great-granduncle of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
John Hanks was born on 2 November 1681 in Old Rappahannock County, Virginia.1 He was the son of William Hanks I and Sarah (—?—) (Hanks-White).1 He married Catherine in 1714.1 He died circa 1740 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.1
John Hanks, Richard White, William Hanks and Luke Hanks participated equally in the division of the estate of William Hanks I, 20 November 1705, each share amounting to 8945 pounds of tobacco.2
Children of John Hanks and Catherine (—?—) (Hanks)
- William Hanks3 b. 9 Mar 1715
- Eleanor Hanks3 b. 18 Mar 1717
- Elizabeth Hanks3 b. 18 Oct 1720, d. 1788
- Sarah Hanks3 b. 7 Apr 1723, d. c 1782
- Joseph Hanks+3 b. 20 Dec 1725, d. b 14 May 1793
- Catharine Hanks3 b. 20 Dec 1725
- John Hanks3 b. 4 May 1728, d. 1810
- Thomas Hanks3 b. 11 Jul 1732
- Alexander Hanks3 b. 2 Dec 1734, d. 16 Sep 1776
- [S267] Adin Baber, Nancy Hanks, of Undistinguished Families; a genealogical, biographical, and historical study of the ancestry of the mother of Abraham Lincoln (Kansas, Illinois: Adin Baber, 1960).
- [S323] Connie Lynn Hornbaker, "Ancestors of Virginia and Kristen Hoye," online <http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/a/v/Connie-L-Cavin/…>, downloaded 1999, citing Will Book 2: 88.
- [S283] George Harrison Sanford King, Registers of North Farnham Parish 1663-1814 and Lenenburg Parish 1783-1800 (Easley, South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, Inc., 1966).