Clarence Hoiner Lentsch1,2
b. 6 March 1894, d. 16 August 1961
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
Clarence Hoiner Lentsch was born on 6 March 1894 in Kentucky.1 He married Lucy Underwood, daughter of John Carson Underwood and Lucy Harris, circa 1920.1 He died on 16 August 1961 in Jefferson County, Texas, at age 67.3,4 He was buried in Old Columbia Cemetery, West Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas.3
Clarence H. and Lucy U. Lentsch appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Houston, Harris County, Texas, enumerated 7 April 1930. Their children Ruth and Louise were listed as living with them.1
Children of Clarence Hoiner Lentsch and Lucy Underwood
- [S107] Clarence H. Lentsch household, 1930 U.S. Census, Harris County, Texas, population schedule, Justice Precincts 1 and 2, Houston city, block 1157, enumeration district (ED) 101-82, sheet 13a/232, dwelling 77, family 148; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2347.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 (Austin: Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics), p. 811.
- [S8] Clarence H. Lentsch tombstone, block 18, lot 10, site 5, Old Columbia Cemetery, West Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas; photographed by the writer on 31 July 1997.
- [S1132] Texas Department of Health, Texas Death Indexes, 1903-2000 (Austin: Texas Department of Health, State Vital Statistics Unit, unknown publish date), Clarence Hoiner Lentsch entry citing Certificate 46997.
- [S95] Undated letter from Catherine (Munson) Foster (Mrs. W. L. Foster; Angleton, TX 77515) to Peachy Borden, Undated; Brazoria County Historical Museum (Angleton, Texas).
- [S1205] Louise Lentsch, birth certificate 3926 (12 Jan 1927), Texas Department of Public Health, Austin.