Joseph William Davis1,2
b. circa 1852, d. 1917
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
Joseph William Davis was born circa 1852 in LaSalle Parish, Louisiana.3,4 He married Martha Emily 'Mattie' Day, daughter of Isaiah Cates Day and Martha Caroline Munson, in 1873.1,5 He died in 1917 in Dayton, Liberty County, Texas.3 He was buried in Glenwood Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.3
J.W. and Mattie E. Davis appeared on the 1 June 1880 Federal Census of Dayton, Liberty County, Texas, enumerated 4 June 1880. Their children William D., Mannie and Katie were listed as living with them.4
Children of Joseph William Davis and Martha Emily 'Mattie' Day
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 106.
- [S688] Jane Matthews, "Munsons of Texas," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (Luling, Texas) to Laura M. Cooper, 11 Mar 2005.
- [S690] Jane Matthews, "Chart," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (Luling, Texas) to Laura M. Cooper, 30 May 2005.
- [S693] J.W. Davis household, 1880 U.S. Census, Liberty County, Texas, population schedule, Dayton, enumeration district (ED) 238A/5A, sheet 39, dwelling 40; National Archives micropublication T9, roll 1317.
- [S689] Jane Matthews, "Munson, Day, Davis chart," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (Luling, Texas) to Laura M. Cooper, 2 Apr 2005.