b. circa 1610, d. 1704
Isaac Robinson|b. c 1610\nd. 1704|p5151.htm|Reverend John Robinson|d. 19 Feb 1625/26|p5201.htm|Bridget White||p5202.htm|||||||Alexander White||p5208.htm|Eleanor (—?—) (White)||p5209.htm|
7th great-grandfather of William Lemuel Horn Jr.
9th great-grandfather of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Horn and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for William Lemuel Horn II
Isaac Robinson was born circa 1610 in Leyden, Holland, (aged 92 years, 4 April 1702).3,4 He was the son of Reverend John Robinson and Bridget White.2 He married Margaret Hanford, daughter of Jeffrey Hanford and Eglin Hatherly, on 26 September 1636 ("Isaac Robinsonn and Margaret Handford contracted at Mr. Hetherlye's June 27, 1636") in Scituate, New Plymouth Colony.1,5,6 He married Mary by 1651.1,6 He died in 1704 in Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. This date is given in all secondary sources, but no evidence is supplied.1,6
Children of Isaac Robinson and Margaret Hanford
- Susannah Robinson1 b. 21 Jan 1637
- John Robinson+1 b. 5 Apr 1640
- Isaac Robinson1 b. 7 Aug 1642, d. 6 Oct 1668
- Fear Robinson1 b. 26 Jan 1644/45
- Mercy Robinson+ 1 b. 4 Jul 1647
- NN Robinson1 b. Jun 1649
Children of Isaac Robinson and Mary (—?—) (Robinson)
- [S622] Leonard H. Smith Jr., comp., Cape Cod Library of Local History and Genealogy, a Facsimile Edition of 108 Pamphlets Published in the Early 20th Century, Vol. 1 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1992), 907.
- [S624] Amos Otis, "Notes Respecting the Descendants of Isaac Robinson, Son of Rev. John Robinson of Leyden", New England Historical and Genealogical Register 14 (January 1860): 17.
- [S170] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-16?? (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1996-200?). The Great Migration Study Project is ongoing. Several volumes have been published in hardcopy, and new sketches appear frequently in the "Great Migration Newsletter" (online subscription or hardcopy). The database is online and may be viewed at New England Ancestors.org or Ancestry.com, both of which are subscription sites. It is also available in hardcover and CD-ROM from NEHGS, citing The Diary of Samuel Sewall, Volume One 1674-1708, Volume Two 1709-1729, M. Halsey Thomas, ed. (New York 1973), 463.
- [S626] Robert S. Wakefield, "The Family of Alexander White of Sturton Le Steeple, Co. Nottingham, England", The Mayflower Descendant 43 (July 1993): 185.
- [S623] Amos Otis, "Scituate and Barnstable Church Records", New England Historic and Genealogical Register (NEHGR) 9 (July 1855): 286.
- [S170] Robert Charles Anderson, Great Migration Begins.
- [S623] Amos Otis, "Scituate and Barnstable Church Records", 284.