George Bertrand Harris1
b. October 1861, d. 1906
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
George Bertrand Harris was born in October 1861 in Texas. He married Ella Diggs, daughter of William Harry Diggs and Laura Jane Underwood, on 10 June 1896 in Brazoria County, Texas.2 He died in 1906.3 He was buried in Old Columbia Cemetery, West Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas.3
George Bertrand Harris Sr.
George B. and Mrs. Ella D. Harris appeared on the 1 June 1900 Federal Census of Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas, enumerated 1 June 1900. Their children Abbie, William H. and Baby were listed as living with them.1 He was a merchant.1
Children of George Bertrand Harris and Ella Diggs
- [S51] George B. Harris household, 1900 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Justice Precinct 2, village of Columbia, enumeration district (ED) 2, sheet 20A/2, dwelling 27, family 30; National Archives micropublication T623, roll 1614.
- [S2] Brazoria County Marriage Book 6: 258, no. 511, County Clerk's Office, Angleton, Texas.
- [S1124] George Bertrand Harris tombstone, Harris plot, Old Columbia Cemetery, West Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas; photographed by the writer on 9 June 2007.
- [S50] Ella D. Harris household, 1910 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, Angleton, enumeration district (ED) 4, sheet 1A-B/1-2, dwelling 13, family 13; National Archives micropublication T624, roll 1534.