Ann "Nanny" Lee1
b. circa 1736, d. after 14 May 1793
Ann "Nanny" Lee|b. c 1736\nd. a 14 May 1793|p1772.htm|William Lee||||||||||||||||||
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Abraham Lincoln: Theory of Louis A. Warren, Ralph E. Pearson, Raymond Martin Bell, and Christopher C. Child
Pedigree for Abraham Lincoln: Theory of Adin Baber and David Andrew Sturgill
Ann "Nanny" Lee was born circa 1736.3 She was the daughter of William Lee.2 She married Joseph Hanks, son of John Hanks and Catherine (—?—) (Hanks), in 1758 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.3 She married Joseph Hanks, son of Luke Hanks and Elizabeth (—?—), in 1758 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia.3 She died after 14 May 1793 in Virginia.3
Children of Ann "Nanny" Lee and Joseph Hanks
- Thomas Hanks3 b. 1759, d. 1834
- James Hanks+3 b. c 1761, d. c 1785
- Lucy Hanks+2 b. c 1761, d. c 1825
- Joshua Hanks3 b. c 1763
- William Hanks3 b. 1766, d. c 1852
- Elizabeth Hanks3 b. 4 Mar 1771, d. 1818
- Mary Hanks3 b. 1773, d. c 1820
- Charles Hanks3 b. c 1777
- Joseph Hanks3 b. 1781, d. 4 Apr 1856
- Nancy Hanks+3 b. 1784, d. 1824
- [S267] Adin Baber, Nancy Hanks, of Undistinguished Families; a genealogical, biographical, and historical study of the ancestry of the mother of Abraham Lincoln (Kansas, Illinois: Adin Baber, 1960).
- [S295] Christopher Challender Child, "The Maternal Ancestry of Abraham Lincoln, The Origins of Nancy (Hanks) Lincoln, A Study in Appalachian Genealogy", New England Ancestors vol. 4 (Winter 2003): 27.
- [S296] Raymond Martin Bell and Christopher Challender Child, "Mother of the President Nancy Hanks Lincoln 1784-1818," online <http://www.geocities.com/marianapolis99/raychr.htm>.