Elizabeth (—?—) (Hough-Morris)1
b. circa 1785, d. 25 August 1824
Great-grandmother of Louise Underwood.
3rd great-grandmother of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Underwood and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Louise Underwood
Elizabeth (—?—) (Hough-Morris) was born circa 1785 in Upper Makefield, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.1 She married NN Hough before 1805.2 She, a widow of Upper Makefield, was married to Enos Morris, attorney of Newtown, by Reverend James McLaughlin, son of Benjamin Morris and Mary Mason, on 20 August 1805 in New Hope, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.1,3 She died on 25 August 1824 in Newtown "in her 40th year."1 She was buried in Southampton Baptist Church Cemetery, Southampton township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.4
Children of Elizabeth (—?—) (Hough-Morris) and Enos Morris
- Horatio Nelson Morris1 b. c 1806, d. 2 Aug 1843
- Theodore Morris+ b. 3 Dec 1807, d. 9 Jun 1836
- Amanda Malvina F. Morris+1 b. 13 Feb 1810, d. 11 Sep 1829
- Louisa C. Morris+ b. c 1811, d. b 18 Oct 1847
- Albert Gallatin Morris+ b. 4 Apr 1814, d. 6 Mar 1843
- Lucien B. Morris+ b. 1815, d. 8 Jun 1858
- Anthony T. Morris+ b. c 1820
- Euphemia Matthias Morris+ 1 b. 10 May 1822, d. 29 Mar 1850
- [S328] Ruth Bennett, "Morris Family," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) to Laura M. Cooper, 1 May 1999.
- [S329] "A Memorandum Containing some account of the birth, life and Ministry of Joseph Mathias. With a diary of his Exercises and various events which came under his notice. Together with an account of his Progenitors and Connexions. Likewise a short notice of the First settlement of the part of the Country, which gave him birth, and where he still resides," (MS, 1831-1851; Bucks County, Pennsylvania), 48, The Bucks County Historical Society; Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
- [S386] Frances Wise Waite, ed., Bucks County Intelligencer Marriage Notices Vol. 1, 1804-1834 (Doylestown: Bucks County Genealogical Society, unknown publish date), 144.
- [S1067] Southampton Baptist Church (burials), online <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~buckscounty/…>, Elizabeth Morris gravestone.