Mary Emma Murray1
b. 11 July 1921, d. 26 July 2002
Mary Emma Murray|b. 11 Jul 1921\nd. 26 Jul 2002|p2870.htm|James Lee Murray|b. 7 Dec 1884\nd. 17 Feb 1962|p2865.htm|Lula Catherine Pattison|b. 16 Sep 1889\nd. 12 Feb 1981|p2866.htm|Reverend Joseph L. Murray|b. 11 Aug 1849\nd. 25 Dec 1919|p2861.htm|Emma Munson|b. 26 Feb 1855\nd. 15 Feb 1936|p115.htm|George M. Pattison|||Lavinia Chilton|||
1st cousin 2 times removed of George Poindexter Munson Sr.
3rd cousin of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Munson and Allied Families
Mary Emma Murray was born on 11 July 1921 in Pattison, Waller County, Texas.1,2 She was the daughter of James Lee Murray and Lula Catherine Pattison.1 She married Victor Willard Stasny on 11 July 1940.1 She died on 26 July 2002 at age 81.2 She was buried in Munson Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Brazoria County, Texas.3
Mary Emma Murray
Mary Emma grew up in Angleton and graduated from Angleton High School. Afterward, she attended Rice University for two years. In 1938, at the age of 16, she was the Queen of the first Brazoria County Fair. Mary Emma and Victor Stasny lived first in Baytown, Texas, where Victor worked for Humble Oil & Refining Company and Mary Emma for Citizens National Bank. In 1958 they moved to the Murray Ranch where they engaged in farming and ranching.4
Mary E. Murray appeared on the 1 April 1930 Federal Census of Angleton, Brazoria County, Texas, in the household of her parents, Lee and Lula Murray.5
Children of Mary Emma Murray and Victor Willard Stasny
- [S20] Thurmond A. Williamson, The Munsons of Texas, an American Saga, First Edition manuscript (Dallas: n.pub., 1987), 257.
- [S29] Mary E. Stasny, no. 461-28-6887, Social Security Death Index, RootsWeb (Provo: MyFamily.com Inc., 2005). The SSDI component of RootsWeb is drawn from the Social Security Death Benefits Index of the U.S. Social Security Administration.
- [S191] Mary Murray Stasny tombstone, Munson Family Cemetery, Bailey's Prairie, Texas; photographed by the writer on 4 July 2003.
- [S704] "The Life and Family of Emma Munson Murray," The Munsons of Texas - an American Saga, online. <http://munsons-of-texas.net/c23.html
- [S37] Lee Murray household, 1930 U.S. Census, Brazoria County, Texas, population schedule, Precinct 1, Angleton City, enumeration district (ED) 20-1, sheet 7B, dwelling 149, family 175; National Archives micropublication T626, roll 2301.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 (Austin: Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics), 1942 Births: 2277.
- [S679] Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Birth Index, 1944 Births: 2600.