b. 27 March 1783, d. 12 May 1870
Jane Simmons|b. 27 Mar 1783\nd. 12 May 1870|p6236.htm|Robert Simmons|b. c 1763\nd. 1830|p6234.htm|Ann Miller|b. 28 Sep 1762\nd. 1843|p6235.htm|John Simmons||p6294.htm|Ann Pickens|b. 26 Nov 1747|p6293.htm|Robert Miller|b. bt 1717 - 1727\nd. 1781|p6261.htm|Jean (Jane) Pickens|b. 1738\nd. a May 1803|p6262.htm|
Great-grandaunt of William Lemuel Horn Jr.
3rd great-grandaunt of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Horn and Allied Families
Jane Simmons was born on 27 March 1783 in Charleston, South Carolina.1,2 She was the daughter of Robert Simmons and Ann Miller.1 She married Colonel James Raulston, son of Matthew Raulston and Martha "Polly" Moore, on 8 January 1802 in Jefferson County, Tennessee.3,2 She died on 12 May 1870 in Sweeten's Cove, Marion County, Tennessee, at age 87.1,2 She was buried in Bean-Roulston Cemetery.1
Heirs of Robert Simmons entered into an agreement with Robert M. Simmons dated 13 January 1844, whereby Robert M. Simmons relinquished all right, title and interest in the personal property of the estate to the other heirs who signed the agreement, and the other heirs relinquished their right in the tract of land "whereon the deceased died bounded on the west by the Bogue Chitto, north by Jesse Day, East by R. M. Simmons, South by J. M. Simmons," provided R. M. Simmons was to be responsible to the absent heirs (Elizabeth Wills, Jane Rautsen, John Simmons, Anna Williams.) Signed by W. W. Simmons, Rebeca Dias, Eleanor C. Day, William Day, James R. Williams, Robert M. Simmons).4
Children of Jane Simmons and Colonel James Raulston
- William O. Raulston1 b. 20 Oct 1802, d. 1870
- Anne Raulston1 b. 19 Aug 1804, d. 1880
- Robert Simmons Raulston1 b. 1806, d. 1867
- Matthew Harvey Raulston1 b. 2 May 1808, d. 5 Oct 1875
- Samuel Raulston1 b. 22 Jan 1810, d. 25 May 1866
- Sampson W. Raulston1 b. 3 Nov 1811, d. 6 Dec 1862
- Moses Raulston1 b. 1813, d. 1827
- Elizabeth Raulston1 b. 20 Dec 1814, d. 23 Oct 1876
- Martha Raulston1 b. 9 May 1816, d. 30 Dec 1897
- Evander McKeever Raulston1 b. 16 Sep 1818, d. 22 Oct 1870
- James Wallas Raulston1 b. 15 May 1821, d. 1897
- Napoleon Bonapart Raulston1 b. 30 Nov 1822, d. 1878
- John Simmons Raulston1 b. 15 Aug 1824, d. 25 Nov 1906
- Brice Byrne Raulston1 b. 6 Jan 1826, d. 4 Apr 1913
- [S672] Bob Thompson, Gedcom, "Robert Miller Family File," to Laura M. Cooper (Arlington, Texas), 11 October 1998.
- [S643] Letter from Frank A. Robinett (Amarillo, Texas) to Mrs. Annie Laura Yates, 24 January 1940; Laura M. Cooper (1804 Holm Oak St., Arlington, Texas). Original was held by Naomi Yates Whitaker, now deceased, of Fort Worth, Texas, daughter of Mrs. Yates. She gave the writer a copy about 1984; present owner of the original is not known.
- [S637] Eleanor McAllister Hall, The Book of Jared, The Family Record of John Jared whose ancestors and descendants run the gamut of America's history (Salt Lake City: Publisher's Press, 1963), 679.
- [S672] Bob Thompson Gedcom, 11 October 1998, citing legal Records of Washington Parish, Vol. I, p. 26, comp. by E. Russ Williams.