b. 12 January 1769
Josiah King|b. 12 Jan 1769|p7371.htm|David King|b. 21 Aug 1726\nd. 11 Mar 1807|p7360.htm|Elizabeth Gray|b. Aug 1745\nd. 17 Mar 1777|p7366.htm|John King||p7359.htm|Mary Stowell|b. s 1695\nd. 7 Mar 1770|p7284.htm|John Gray|d. b 8 Feb 1795|p7367.htm|Jane Patten|b. c 1717\nd. 1810|p7468.htm|
2nd great-grandfather of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
4th great-grandfather of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Ruth Minerva Fairfield
Josiah King was born on 12 January 1769.1 He was the son of David King and Elizabeth Gray.1 He was baptized on 23 April 1769 in First Congregational Church, Biddeford, York County, Maine, by Rev. Moses Morrill.2,3 He married first Mary Woodsum, daughter of Michael Woodsum and Elizabeth Dyer, on 18 February 1790.4,5 He married second Jane Gilpatrick in 1842.6
Josiah sold land on 8 February 1795 in Colebrook, Grafton County, New Hampshire,: Josiah King of Colbrook [Colebrook], Grafton Co. [now Coos], N.H., yeoman, to John Hays; mentions his [Josiah's] mother, Elizabeth King and her father John Gray, late of Biddeford, decd." John Hayes was Josiah's son-in-law.7
- [S719] S.M. Watson, "David King, of Saco, and some of his Descendants", Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder 3:2 (1886): 118.
- [S722] A.K.P. Meserve M.D., "Records of First Congregational Church in Biddeford", Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder 7:4 (1893): 88.
- [S725] E.B.L., "Notes. David King", Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder 2:1 (1885): 59.
- [S721] Gwen Rawlings Barry, "Thurber, King, Learned and Hicks," e-mail message from e-mail address (Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia) to Laura M. Cooper, 28 Jan. 2000, no date.
- [S746] G.T. Ridlon Sr., Saco Valley Settlements and Families (Portland, Maine: the author, 1895), 1210.
- [S721] Gwen Rawlings Barry, "Thurber and King info," e-mail to Laura M. Cooper, 28 Jan. 2000.
- [S724] Antiquary, "King Deed Extracts", Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder 3:3 (1886): 214, citing Registry of Deeds, Alfred, Maine, Vol. 58, p. 41.