b. circa 1540, d. 1598
9th great-grandfather of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
11th great-grandfather of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for Ruth Minerva Fairfield
Nicholas Putnam was born circa 1540 in England.1 He married Margaret Goodspeed, daughter of John Goodspeed and Elizabeth (—?—) (Goodspeed), on 30 January 1577/78 at Wingrave, Buckinghamshire, England.2 He died in 1598.3,4
Nicholas Putnam's will dated 1 January 1597/98 was proved 27 September 1598. He bequeathed to his wife, not named, and his children John, Thomas, Richard, Anne and Elizabeth Putnam; wife and son John, joint executors.3
Children of Nicholas Putnam and Margaret Goodspeed
- [S901] Eben Putnam, A History of the Putnam Family in England and America, Volume I, Recording the Ancestry and Descendants of John Putnam of Danvers, Mass., Jan Poutman of Albany, N.Y., Thomas Putnam of Hartford, Conn. (Salem: The Salem Press, 1891), xliv.
- [S901] Eben Putnam, Putnam Genealogy, xlvi.
- [S901] Eben Putnam, Putnam Genealogy, xlv.
- [S902] G. Andrews Moriarty Jr., "The English Ancestry of John Putnam of Salem, Massachusetts", The American Genealogist Vol. 15, no. 1 (July 1938): 14.