Samuel Garthon Richardson1
Great-grandfather of William Lemuel Horn Jr.
3rd great-grandfather of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Horn and Allied Families
- Appears on charts:
- Pedigree for William Lemuel Horn II
Samuel Richardson bought 286 acres of land on west side of Buffalow Creek from Noah Nichols on 12 November 1806 in Wake County, North Carolina.3
Samuel Richardson bought 96 acres of land from Mark Cole, both of Wake County on 15 March 1811.4
Samuel Richardson was mentioned in his mother Nancy Richardson's will dated 29 April 1815 in Johnston County, North Carolina.5
On 19 August 1816, Samuel Richardson sold 148 acres of land on waters of Marks Creek and west side road 25 from Buffalow Bridge to Hoods Ferry on Neuse River in Wake County to Christopher Robinson of Wake County.6
On 18 November 1816, Samuel Richardson of Wake County sold 35 acres in Wake County on south side of Buffalow Creek to Willie Nichols.7
On 27 November 1816, Samuel Richardson of Wake County sold 235 acres of land on Buffalow Creek to Alsa Nichols.8
Samuel Richardson appeared on the 1830 U.S. Census in Greene County, Alabama. In the household were two males under age 5; two males 5-10; one male 15-20; one male 20-30; one male 40-50; one female under age 5; two females 10-15; one female 30-40.9
Samuel Richardson appeared on the 1840 U.S. Census in Pickens County, Alabama. In the household were two males under 5 years of age; one male 5-10; one male 10-15; one male 15-20; one male 50-60; one female under 5; one female 10-15; one female 20-30; one female 40-50.10
Samuel and Sela Richardson appeared on the 1 June 1850 Federal Census of Pickens County, Alabama, enumerated 17 October 1850. Their son Alexander W. was listed as living with them.11
Children of Samuel Garthon Richardson and Celah Hackney
- Gilbert Cobb Richardson+ b. 1809, d. 22 Jun 1862
- Marilda Richardson+ b. 1810, d. Apr 1852
- Wilkins Hackney Richardson+ b. 1812, d. 10 Oct 1848
- Nathan Richardson+ b. 12 Sep 1814, d. 27 Nov 1894
- Joseph L. Richardson b. 1819
- Nancy Elizabeth Richardson b. c 1822
- William Briant Richardson+ b. 30 Jan 1822, d. 19 Oct 1891
- Theresa Richardson b. c 1826
- Samuel B. Richardson+ b. c 1829, d. 1852
- Garthon Applewhite "Dock" Richardson b. 23 Jan 1829, d. 1 Jan 1907
- Rhoda E. Richardson+ b. 1833
- Alexander W. Richardson b. c 1834
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, online <http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/i/c/…>, Richardson (9824 Bancroft Drive, Fort Worth, Texas 76126-3205), downloaded 2004.
- [S276] State of North Carolina, An Index to Marriage Bonds Filed in the North Carolina State Archives (Raleigh: North Carolina Division of Archives and History, 1977), bond #69552.
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, 2004, citing Wake Co. NC Deed Book U page 513.
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, 2004, citing Wake Co. Deed Book 1 page 63.
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, 2004, citing Johnston County Will Book 1: 24.
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, 2004, citing Wake Co. Deed Book 2 page 293.
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, 2004, citing Wake Co. Deed Book 2 page 46.
- [S542] Clois Burton Richardson, 2004, citing Wake Co. Deed Book 3 Page 120.
- [S522] Saml Richardson household, 1830 U.S. Census, Southern District, Greene County, Alabama, page 371; National Archives micropublication M19, roll 2.
- [S566] Saml Richardson household, 1840 U.S. Census, Pickens County, Alabama, page 308; National Archives micropublication M704, roll 12.
- [S546] Samuel Richardson household, 1850 U.S. Census, Pickens County, Alabama, population schedule, Southern District, page 43b, dwelling 478, family 498; National Archives micropublication M432, roll 13.