b. 2 July 1643
Sarah Dixey|b. 2 Jul 1643|p8987.htm|Captain William Dixey|b. s 1607\nd. 1690|p8998.htm|Ann or Hannah (—?—) (Dixey)|d. b 1 Feb 1684/85|p8999.htm|||||||||||||
6th great-grandaunt of Ruth Minerva Fairfield.
8th great-grandaunt of Laura Jane Munson.
- Family Background:
- Fairfield and Allied Families
Sarah Dixey was baptized on 2 July 1643.1,3 She was the daughter of Captain William Dixey and Ann or Hannah (—?—) (Dixey).1,2 She married Edmund Gale of Marblehead.
Sarah Gale was mentioned in her father Captain William Dixey's will dated 21 February 1684/85. She shared equally in the land with her four sisters, Mary Woodbury, Anna Judkin, Abigail Stone and Elizabeth Morgan. The household goods were divided between her, Abigail and Elizabeth. Also, she and Abigail each inherited a cow.4
Children of Sarah Dixey and Edmund Gale
- Sarah Gale1 b. 12 May 1666, d. b 1726
- Samuel Gale1 b. 12 May 1666
- Edmund Gale1 b. 14 Apr 1667
- Azor Gale1 b. 25 Apr 1669, d. 28 Jan 1727/28
- Miriam Gale1 b. 31 Dec 1671
- Abraham Gale1 b. 22 Feb 1673/74
- Anna Gale1 b. 17 Sep 1676
- William Gale1 b. 16 Mar 1678/79
- Abigail Gale5 b. 27 Nov 1681
- Charity Gale1 b. 23 Dec 1683
- Mary Gale1 b. 7 Mar 1686/87
- [S846] Walter Goodwin Davis, "Dixey, of Beverly," Massachusetts and Maine Families in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis (1885-1966): A Reprinting in Alphabetical Order by Surname, of the Sixteen Multi-Ancestor Compendia, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1996), Vol. 1, 424, originally published in The Ancestry of Sarah Stone (1930).
- [S848] "William Dixey", The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, online http://www.newenglandancestors.org/, printout dated 2005. Previously published in hard copy (Boston: NEHGS, 1995).
- [S848] TGMB William Dixey, online, citing The Records of the First Church in Salem, Massachusetts, 1629-1736, Richard D. Pierce, ed. (Salem 1974), 19.
- [S848] TGMB William Dixey, online, citing Records and Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts, 1636-1686, 9 volumes (Salem 1911-1975), 49: 42.
- [S938] Unknown agency, The Register of Baptisms of the First Church in Beverly 1667-1710 (Boston: n.pub., 1903).